Top Tips For Cut Flower Care
The Flowers & Plants
Association recommends the following simple tips, based on the latest
extensive scientific research, to ensure that your flowers last
longer and look lovelier:
1. Make sure vases
are very clean
2. Use fresh lukewarm water with commercial
cut flower food added.
3. Strip all leaves below the water
4. Take at least 3cm (1") off
all stems, making a slanted cut with a sharp knife or very sharp
5. Avoid direct sunlight, heat, or
draughts which can shorten flowers' lives.
6. Keep flowers away from fruit and
remove faded flowers as they occur.
7. Top up the water regularly and
add flower food in proportion.